Sunday, October 5, 2008

The House Rebels





When Gus leaves town we are all sad. Even the house is sad. Weeks had gone by without anything breaking at home, but when Gus left on this big trip, it all changed. Even the closet rods collasped at the thought that he would be gone for 15 days. The salsa maker cracked and it's handle fell off. The handle on the oven ejected and so did pieces off of the top of the microwave. They were all in mourning. I didn't think I needed another reminder of why it's good to have a man around, but I guess I did--especially when I couldn't make them better! Luckily for Gus, the glue and the screwdriver will all be waiting for him when he comes home. Don't worry, I'll give him a hug and kiss before I hand him the tools! ;) Only 36 hours to go!!!!

1 comment:

ckm said...

That is great! I totally understand...when John leaves, something always happens (roof leaks, dishwasher leaks, Julia breaks her foot, Kendall bites through his tongue...you name it!)

Love catching up with you.
Corin