Sunday, November 23, 2008

Our Mixed-up Holidays!











































Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
This year we are doing things all mixed-up! Today, we took some family pictures. Then, we decided to decorate the tree because Gus and Rebekkah will be in Boston after our Thanksgiving trip. Rebby looked devastated when I suggested we decorate while they were gone next week so we did it early. Last night, after we put up the tree, I was tempted to sleep by it in the glow of the lights, but my bed called to me. Rebby did though! In the end, we managed to get the ornaments on with only breaking 4 of them-- 2 before any were even hung. Julia put all of her ornaments in one spot on the tree. It was fabulously dense and sparkly. My favorite ornaments are the ones the children made at school and church, usually wrapped in a brown bag and delivered to us on Christmas day! Aren't those the best? After we decorated, the children insisted that the cats were photographed with them too. 
Before decorating, we decided to get some family pictures. The last decent ones we had are 2 years old. Since I haven't been good about scheduling professional pictures, we opted for the tripod, timer and the backyard. We have a great one of me running to my spot and arranging bodies. I also didn't add the photo of when Tim pinched Sam and he flipped out and then, I flipped out! Some memories aren't worth preserving. Why does this always seem to happen during family photo shoots? For a few minutes, we all felt too sad (or mad!) to smile until Katherine (our oldest) started making silly jokes and getting everyone to lighten up! Then, the real smiles returned. Thanks to Katherine for turning a tense moment into a humorous one. Back inside, everyone was happy when the ornaments were pulled out. Our evening just got better and better.

Happy Thanksgiving to our dear Family and Friends.
We are so thankful to have you in our lives. We love you and appreciate your friendship, encouragement, company, and support.
During this season, I just wanted to mention a few of the things I am grateful for.
-Thank you, family and friends!
-I am deeply thankful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I am grateful for what Christ did for me and all of God's children, for his love, example, and sacrifice. 
-I am thankful for an encouraging and loving husband who is a great friend and father.
-I am thankful for our children. I appreciate their unique personalities and talents and enjoy the wonderful company that they are to me
-I am grateful to have a home, food to eat, electricity, a vehicle, and plumbing!!! (I'd be a lousy pioneer). These are amazing gifts.
-I am grateful to live in a free country
-I am grateful that my children can receive and education.
-I am grateful for books, computers, medical care and even dentists!
There is so much more to say! 
Life is great!
Have a great week. 
Love, 
Cynthia

3 comments:

Tat said...

Thanks for the post! I can't put into words how much we love you and admire your wonderful family. Can't wait to see you - in 3 weeks and 5 days! (Yes, I am counting the days.)

Karen said...

Love the new pictures. We're so excited to see you this week!

LaShelle said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I am so thankful for your friendship!
Love ya!