Today after church Rebekkah was meeting with the bishop (birthday interview). I was sitting outside with Julia, listening to her talk with one of the bishop's councilors. He remarked that she moved like a ballerina. "Your whole family is talented, singing, piano, dancing," he said. "And we're artists!" she says confidently (referring to the fact that the whole lot of them were drawing and coloring in sacrament meeting.) "But we don't draw until after the sacrament," I reminded her. Very indignantly, as if my remark had been condescending, she says, "You don't need to tell me that! I'm four years old!" Sheez, Dad.
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Funny things the kids say...
Last night TJ (8) was soaking his hand (infected finger). To pass the time, I made him read to me. We were reading this great picture book, Knuffle Bunny by Mo Willems. This is one of those books that we read to Julia (4) about once a day. On one page, TJ got stuck for a second on the word decided. Julia looked over my shoulder and matter-of-factly said, "decided!" TJ looked at me incredulously, as if to say, "how did she know that?" (she doesn't know how to read yet, of course.) I looked back at TJ. "She has the whole book memorized," I said. "Oh," he said indignantly. "That's cheating."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh TJ I didn't know that was cheating. I better be careful I have lots of things memorized.
You tell 'em Julia!
Post a Comment